2nd Portrait/Candid Session (C&C Welcome) - 3 Shots

Samriel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Once again I had a friend pose for me. Really have a problem with male posing, and still cannot always get a perfect focus on both eyes... I guess practice makes perfect. I also felt my model needs to work on his facial expressions a bit more. :mrgreen: Comments, critique, impressions - all welcome and appreciated.

Takagi.jpg

Takagi-2.jpg

Takagi-3.jpg

In #2 he looks like he's gonna throw up :p Sorry, just the face expression...

I like the pose on #3 but left ramp draws some attention and leads eyes to background.

There seem to be a blueish tint more evident #1 and #3 (look at the white portion of the shirt under the chin in #1, the shadows look a little blue) ... may be my monitor.

You're right about the tint! I've checked and it seems the white balance is a bit off. I'll get that corrected.

And on #2 he does look ready to throw up. :)

In #1, I can't see the blur you mention, so I like the shot. Perhaps you could stop the lens down a little for more dof.

In #3, in most cases, and this is one of them, I'm not a friend of people pics taken with wide angle lenses.:)

In #3, in most cases, and this is one of them, I'm not a friend of people pics taken with wide angle lenses.:)

Seems this topic polarizes people quite a bit - they either don't like it, or shoot every session with a wide angle from some strange angles... not yet sure where I stand. :D

Seems this topic polarizes people quite a bit - they either don't like it, or shoot every session with a wide angle from some strange angles... not yet sure where I stand. :D

There's a lot of that on the link in my sig (my employer). It has an interesting effect on the photos taken, but I'm with you on not picking a stance yet. Sometimes the photos come out cool, other times they just look weird.

The pose in #1 is good, but the glasses frame is cutting his eyes in 1/2. #3 is a good pose, I would like it better if he were looking into the lens. But that is personal taste. Nice work!

The first photo is a great portrait! Relaxed, interesting perspective, nice crop - tight but not claustrophobic by any means. The other too suffer a lot from bad posing and uncomfortable facial expressions. You can try a bit of spot-sharpening around his eyes in #1, might help out!

hehehe... #3 = Super Yanky ;)

GJ! :thumbup:

First one is the best but the angle makes him look fat.

1. I like the composition but his should is burned off.
2. I like the comp again and the surroundings are very cool. The expression just does not go with the feel of it. Maybe you wanted it that way.
3. The composition here may have improved if you center him so the line led to him and not the rear rail.

I like the saturation and contrast. It really stands out.

i think i'd like them more if i weren't distracted by the fact he looks like he got dressed in the dark

in #3 all i can get to is that tree in the back left
#2 does look like he had some bad food
#1 is deep but that hat makes me jumpy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back