3 different monitors 3 different colors

MohaimenK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Although my new comp hasn't come in yet, I hooked up the HTPC to test the new 27" monitor that just came in. But now after hooking up that with the 24" beside it, comparing to my HP 26" (seperate comp) they all look different.
What is the best way I can calibrate these monitors?? :confused:

I saw Spider3 calibrators but there are 4 different ones and I have no idea what to get

If you only need to profile a display you use a colorimeter.

If you need to profile a display and a printer, you need a spectrophotometer.

I recommend X-RITE's, i1 Display 2 (colorimeter), or ColorMunki (spectrophotometer), and their other color management products like the ColorChecker Passport.

i don't need printer since I never print. I saw X Rite and saw they had good reviews. So basically, I have 2 monitors that will be hooked up to one computer with 2 DVI through ATI Redeon 5770 if that matters?

Not that it does,but what you going to use the 3 monitors for?ie,is it specifically for gaming or for photo editing,cause if its the later of the two,i'd suggest not to bother too much,its not as productive as it seems,im unfortuantly a fool who went out to buy all the kit and i only use 1 monitor now,even with gaming,its just not worth it,but all the power to you if your still going ahead :)

Hey John. haha no actually I'm going to be using 2 monitors on my PC that's coming in next week. It'll be strictly for photo editing. I have my HP Touchsmart next to me now as my 2nd comp to use for internet use and all else. I figured since I'm going to get a calibrator I might as well calibrate all 3 of them. Well, 2 are what I'm most interested about. I guess the 3rd doesn't really matter as it's its own computer.

As for 2 monitors, I will use it religiously with LR3 as it has the dual monitor option. One dedicated to view the image while the other for the will have all the sliders.
2nd thing I'd use it for is to run LR3 and Photoshop side by side. It'll be powerful enough to run both simultaneously w/out any issue.

Ok, just purchased the X-Brite i1 Display 2 as KMH stated.

Ok, just purchased the X-Brite i1 Display 2 as KMH stated.

Right move. I've used the Spiders and the Huey (cr8p) and xRite's i1 system. The i1 by far and away puts the others down.

Joe

Yeah I was reading the reviews and all but X Brite had a lot of bad reviews where X Brite was filled with 5 stars and 4 stars so yeah

Ahh,i thought all 3 were getting used like an Eyefinity screen set up,2 screens is what i use with an intense work load,but very rarely,and a laptop playing music,keeping all my Ram free :)

Yeah I don't wanna do anything else beside editing in the new comp. I don't wanna clutter it w/ programs and other crap on it. I'll use the touchsmart for that, or playing music or watching TV on the side. Here's a messy setup (as my comp will be here on Sat) and damn I can sure use that calibrator!

Here's a messy idea of what it looks like but you get the idea. Right now the 2 monitors are hooked up to HTPC but those will be the ones for editing.

39539_10150325799535226_882565225_15879346_1947193_n.jpg

and does this X-Brite i1 Display 2 work on all monitors?

and does this X-Brite i1 Display 2 work on all monitors?

yes, they work on all monitors. they have other versions that you can use for printers, cameras projectors, etc but I didn't care for them as much.

For those that are interested here are the tutorials to how the x-Rite works

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back