What's new

3 Flower Shots from Today

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
3,872
Reaction score
2,368
Location
Somewhere in Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
D90 | Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro

1.

052020121249-X2.jpg


2.

052020121212-X2.jpg


3.

052020121198-X2.jpg


Thanks for looking.
 
The first is nice - good selective focus and great color - but its background is a little distracting, so I would crop and/or darken the brighter background areas. The other two have a lot of distracting background, although the second could be cropped to minimize it (crop almost half on the right).
 
Thanks Ken. Good points on the background.
 
#1 is fantastic! Great perspective. I was not distracted by the background because I was so drawn to looking "into" the flower.

I like some nice flower shots myself (no macro lens for me yet, though) but always seem to shoot from the side, boring, same old.. lol. Thanks for making me think and hopefully try some new things.
 
I too am drawn to looking "into" it, in the first one. I wanna see whats in there, lol. Very neat flower and great shot.

I love the detail picked up in the 2nd one.

The third, at first glance I really like it. As I keep looking, I am finding myself wishing the little hanging bulbs behind it were not there. I like the hanging bulbs in front, adds to it, but the slight bit behind it is what distracts me.

While 1 is interesting, and 2 great detail, I think 3 overall is my favorite. It's a pretty flower. :-)
 
V.Nice. Send in more!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom