3 Strobes for Basketball

Kenny32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I've got 3 Hensel Integra 500's available for me to use for basketball...

I've read through a couple of articles and I've talked to a few people that have done this before, but I'm still unsure of what I'd like to do.

One person recommended I put all three on one side of the gym firing at full power. But wouldn't that give me a cold spot on the other side?

I was thinking of using at least two, and cross lighting them...Putting them on a stand at the top of the bleachers...

Any recommendations?

Visit the strobist site, they have an EXACT example of just this situation and how they handled it with 3 battery powered flashes.

I've seen the strobist site...I don't like using the battery powered flashes (Speedlights) in this situation because of how the gym is set up...

I also wanted to see if anyone on here had any experiences with strobes.

When I cover games at Rutgers I see guys set up 4 strobes up on the catwalk - not sure if you'll have access, but you could certainly do something similar.

They'll cross two strobes on opposing sides of the court for each half of the court and they'll set the triggers to different channels so they can select which pair to fire depending on which side of the court they're on. I haven't seen results, but I've seen enough people do this to believe it must work well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back