What's new

3 wheelin' at the strip

BlueMeanieTSi

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 2, 2012
Messages
326
Reaction score
35
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of my favorite captures from Thursday night. I'll post a few more as I go through them
_DSF0202.jpg
 
Thats not a real car, right ?

A real car would be in big trouble because the back tire is touching the chassis.

Also, the numbers in the window are really distracting.

Otherwise great shot !
 
The numbers are required at drag strips.
The rear tire is fine. The suspension works so that the tire wouldn't touch.
I like the shot. I can't get the hang of panning as of yet
 
Nice capture. Launches like that happen quick and don't last long. You did well to capture it.

Thats not a real car, right ?

A real car would be in big trouble because the back tire is touching the chassis.

Also, the numbers in the window are really distracting.

Otherwise great shot !

Yes, it's real. Yes, the tires do rub occasionally because of the weight transfer to the rear (the right rear in this case) but it's not a big problem. The fact that the front left is a foot in the air is going to affect the handling more than the tire rubbing in the rear. It will settle down very quickly though.

The numbers, as was mentioned, are required. Only the pro classes have permanent numbers, all others get one assigned when they get to the track and it has to stay there throughout the event. They normally write them on the windshield with white liquid shoe polish, the kind with the foam pads to dispense the polish.
 
He actually carried the front wheel passed the 330 mark it was a wild car to watch for sure. Running the street class which is why the numbers are in shoe polish. I could remove them if I really wanted to but it was a drag strip shot its part of the car. Think this was shot when I was at 1600iso, although might be 2000 I'd have to look.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom