1.)
web.jpg

2.)
web.jpg

3.)
web.jpg

4.)
web.jpg

1 & 4 are my favorites I don't feel like I made the proper exposure for 2 & 3...

What do you pros think?

There has been no editing the reflections in the water droplets are all real ...

Power Shot A95

Thanks yall

#1's not bad, I'd like to see a bit more DOF, but it works better than the others. I can't help but feel that putting flowers into B+W wastes all the beautiful colours of them, which is one of their main attractions.

Is this film developed by yourself, and prints made in your own darkroom?
No. It is not. They've been taken by a little Powershot of the kind I have here next to me, too. Oh. Were you set to 200 ISO? Else where does the noise (and now I realise it is noise, not grain) come from?

You're right, exposure is not right in 2, it is overexposed. To my mind, 3 is best, though it does require a bit of post processing to get the levels and contrasts right.

Myself ... I, too, prefer to see flowers in colour, so now I genuinely wonder what made you choose b&w for the subject?

I wanted to experiment with the b&w... I like the timeless feel and I think it puts more emphasis on the structure of the flower than just the superficial colors.
It was very cloudy misty day and I had to use 400 ISO (max on my A95) to achieve a quick exposure (it was windy also) as I already had the ap @ 2.8...

The flowers in the first pic are a very vivid pink & white and I couldn't take a good exposure of them... I don't think the image receptor on my camera is good at picking up that wavelength of light... Is there something to that or just retarted? This is pretty much the best pic I could get of those flowers in color even though the focus is off...
web.jpg

Thanks!

Most reactions

Back