4 from the 4th

Ratman667

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ratmansreptiles.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These were taken at a local burrito shack today. These were the only three that I thought were OK...

These first two are of one of the skaters they sponsor.

DSC_5392.jpg

DSC_5395.jpg

Sparklers! This one was taken after it started getting dark.

DSC_5442.jpg

This one was an attempt at panning, but I had too long of a shutter speed. While so much is wrong with it, it is still interesting.

DSC_5444.jpg

Take it easy on me, alcohol was involved in the taking of these.

Focus is way behind the subject in the first two. I enjoyed seeing the people with the sparklers. Last shot's not doing much for me.

Oh, I dunno guys, I kinda like the last one.

edited-1.jpg

The first two, the focus was set about 3 feet behind them as I was using my 50mm 1.8 that does not auto focus on my D3000. I was setting the focus where I thought they would be and hoping for the best.

The third one, I the more I look at, the less I like it. I like the trails the sparklers leave, but where did the arms go that were moving them? I know I can do better.

White, I agree, it's all in how it is cropped.

The first two, the focus was set about 3 feet behind them as I was using my 50mm 1.8 that does not auto focus on my D3000. I was setting the focus where I thought they would be and hoping for the best.

The third one, I the more I look at, the less I like it. I like the trails the sparklers leave, but where did the arms go that were moving them? I know I can do better.

In your Exif data it states you had it at 22mm which isn't magically a 50mm. And since there are no 22mm primes (or are there ?). I bet it's fare to guess you were using a wide angle zoom.

In your Exif data it states you had it at 22mm which isn't magically a 50mm. And since there are no 22mm primes (or are there ?). I bet it's fare to guess you were using a wide angle zoom.

You are correct. I was mistaken on which lens I used for those shots. The majority of the skating photos were taken with the 50mm, but some were taken with my 18-55mm. Next time I will check the data before posting.

for the skating shots, a fill flash would do two things. 1. lighten their faces and 2. let you capture the motion even better

Most reactions

Back