480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday, I had the pleasure of jumping off a 345-foot building in downtown Des Moines. Special Olympics of Iowa has a fundraiser that will get participants 'rope time' for this sanctioned event.

This is the second year I have participated, and a friend loaned me his GoPro camera so I could record my trip.

03 Over The Edge Edited - YouTube

(Apparently the Insert Video option is on the fritz.... clicking OK doesn't do anything.....)

Neat! Thanks for sharing!

I'm terrified of heights but have overcome it here and there jumping off cliffs into water, can't bring myself to do anything over solid land yet though lol
I held my breath for you at the top!

that's sweet, have always wanted to do that! I've zipped line before which is super fun, this would be sweet!

that's sweet, have always wanted to do that! I've zipped line before which is super fun, this would be sweet!

SO Ohio has done one. Maybe they'll plan another.

Nice! I love rappelling! Used to do a lot of caving... usually involved some good hangs! lol!

<leaves forum, finds bucket list, and starts new section: things I never, EVER want to do, even if I knew I was gonna die tomorrow, makes THIS activity #1 on that list>

Wow, that was Awesome, sparky! Looks exhilarating! And terrifying!!
Actually, most of it looks pretty fun, but I would NOT be able to do that initial part where you intentionally go over the edge of that building. Actually, what I REALLY couldn't do, is get up on that rickety little step stool they gave you, in order to climb onto the building ledge!! :lol:

I have been skydiving, I'd love to do a zip line, but hang gliding and rappelling (whether off a mountain or off a building)--no thank you. I would never be able to bring myself to take that first step OFF the building or mountain. I would LOVE to do the "middle" part of either of those activities, it's just starting by hurling yourself off of perfectly solid ground that I have issues with. :D

man that would have been so much fun. i went a few times when i was young over rock, think it was around maybe 150 feet at the most.

They've come up with a really neat invention. it's called STAIRS. You're more of a man then I Sparky!

NICE!!!
bigthumb.gif

Most reactions

Back