Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I hope this is a good place to post this, and that someone see s this :p

I have recently been given, yes that's right, given, a beautiful Crown Graphic 4x5 camera. With it I was given a Schneider-Kreuznach Technika Super-Angulon 75mm f/8 lens, and a Schneider-"" Xenar 135mm f/4.7 lens.

The camera and lenses are in mint condition.

I have a few questions, about LF photography in general. I managed to load a film holder ok in the dark, and I shot a test image.

Does anyone know of a Lab in Ohio that can develop a color 4x5 negative, or a good lab to send negs to? If so, do I send the film holder with it, or is there a way to remove the negative and store it in something light tight to have it processed? (I am planning to develop b&w at home)

Also, the cable release that I have is broken. Can I buy any standard cable release, or is there a specific thread size for these lenses?

crown_graphic.jpg

Thanks for lookin :)

As far as I know all the cables are the same if it has an inside thread.

the way I do it, is I put the film holder in a changing bag take the sheet of film out and slip it into a black plastic film bag or a good light tight black envelop then I seal it up good, still inside the bag. Once that is done you can take it out of the bag and put it in an order envelope for shipping.

For a lab I would look in the yellow pages under prolabs. Then call and ask if they will process it for you. Look in the on line yellow pages as well for close labs. If all else fails try google.

Thanks for the quick reply mysteryscribe. I don't have a changing bag, so I'll have to get one. I loaded the film in a closet :p

I emailed the local lab that I go to, since they were closed today. They don't advertise developing 4x5, so I'm not sure. They do MF though.

Most reactions

Back