What's new

"50 Minutes"

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Salem%20Day%202010%20-%20007.jpg


I know, odd title.
 
Yeah...so what does 50 mins have to do with the picture? Is there a story behind it?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
Yeah...so what does 50 mins have to do with the picture? Is there a story behind it?

Yeah, though probably not very interesting.

I planned for about a year to go to Salem, MA to take some pictures because of the two times I've been there I got just SO many of my favorite images. I figured it was some sort of fountain of photographic goodness.

Anyway, finally despite many attempts by work to sabotage my efforts, I did finally make it up there today. I got up at 5:00 AM, did a few things, was there by 6:30 or so, parked my car and started to wander.

I saw... NOTHING.

Absolutely NOTHING. I saw some angels... but I had taken those before... I saw some run down house... that I had picked clean... etc. But nothing. Well, I guess the key was... nothing new.

Anyway, I looked at my watch and had been there a whopping 50 minutes when I decided to leave, but just before I did, I looked up at this ship moored in the harbor and went "Hm... well, I guess that's kinda cool. I'll take a shot at it so that way I'll at least have fired off the shutter once." I took the shot, turned on my heel, and went to work.

I was frustrated as hell at myself for not being able to find anything, and even more frustrated for not having a backup plan for where to go next if Salem didn't pan out, and even MORE frustrated for going to work.

Got home tonight, took the image off my camera and was like "err... wow. Actually, I think I kinda love that."

Years ago I might have spent 12 hours on location and not gotten a single image I liked. Today I was beating myself up for only spending 50 minutes and I got one that I think I may actually frame.

Frankly, I'm not certain if I should feel proud... or very stupid.

So there you go.

"50 minutes"

Now when I snap my fingers you will all wake up. :lol:
 
50 minutes for some awesome shippy purpley goodness? Sounds like a sweet deal! Love the shot, glad you got it.
 
Fifty minutes to get one that you'd want to frame is nothing. Good for you, do this more often.

Love the pastel, pinkish tones on this one.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #8
:lol: Shoe.

Thank you all very much. Yeah I guess if I could do this in 50 minutes every time, I'd be like totally set right? :lol:

Thanks again.
 
Great shot. I really like that in the bright part of the cloud, the bottom most of the two thin lines cuts nicely through the lower blob of brightness. Somehow that's a "neat" focal point esp. considering the oval of purply blue goodness stuff around the outside that surrounds it, and considering the "steps" of blue that are just below it following the line, drawing attention to it. Also there's one little pink dash closer to the ship by itself that somehow also conveys some kind of balance. Very nice shot!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #10
Thanks very much Aerin!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom