50D Please help new guy!

Transcend

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I have a canon 50D i got vary lucky and got ring side at a MMA fight. I took about 500 shots. When i went to uplaod my pics to my PC the camera shows 500 pics on card but i was only able to get from number 333 to 500 off the camera. I do not know how to get the rest of my pics off this card. I have never had this issue before. The pics are not showing up but the card/camera shows the picture count.

Plase help and thanks for your time!!1

Andy
Transcend Apparel

Welcome to the forum.

What format are the photos in? (RAW or JPEG)

What method are you using to upload from the camera to the computer?

Jpeg and i am plugging the camera into the pc, i tried to also use a card reader with no luck!

Try just going to My computer -> select your camera -> Then go to the folder on your card with the photos in it -> Press ctrl+A to select all then ctrl+c to copy them. Then start a new folder on your computer, and paste them there (ctrl+v).

Thanks i did that and when i open the folder the pics are not showing up. The first 300 pics are not in there at all. The pics start at 333 and up but all the rest are gone. I have no idea where but i know that i shot all of them. Do you think my card is bad? or was it the camera? or what?
Thanks for your time!!!!

Thanks i did that and when i open the folder the pics are not showing up. The first 300 pics are not in there at all. The pics start at 333 and up but all the rest are gone. I have no idea where but i know that i shot all of them. Do you think my card is bad? or was it the camera? or what?
Thanks for your time!!!!

Maybe you accidentally formatted your card during the game, and didn't reset the file numbers so they are starting around 300?

how do i retset the file numbers?

how do i retset the file numbers?

I'm a nikon guy, so i don't know exactly. but it should be in the menu somewhere. Might be called something like "reset file number sequence"

Most reactions

Back