50mm f/1.8 prime: Post your best shots with it

RushNP774

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dotnetplace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I use my Dad's Rebel XT and have only two lenses: a crappy Sigma 28-105mm, and Canon's cheaper f/1.8 50mm prime (which I love). Given that it's all pretty basic equipment, and I'm new to photography, I think I've taken a few good shots. For example:

My Tabby cat Toby:
toby.jpg

And my Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Taison:
taison.jpg

I'd really appreciate seeing some of your good shots using a "nifty fifty" and preferably a lower-end Nikon or Canon SLR. Hopefully we can get a pretty good collection going. Thanks!

Wish I had something to contribute to this, but I don't have my nifty fifty yet. :( Nice shots though, tack sharp, which from what I hear is the prime (haha) selling point of the nifty fifty.

I don't have too much time under my belt but these are a couple of my favorites.

375526270_ddxy8-M.jpg

373591203_7ivNm-L.jpg

all my shots suck..this is the "best"
2860854031_db360e1014.jpg

I love the first one. Where did you take it at?

Yosemite, at the end of August when nearly everything is dried up. Also, took this in super daylight. Crazy me, stacking ND filters to kill the sun, lol

Here are a couple more from that visit. I guess you can tell how much I love to shoot running water. BTW, those rainbows were really there. So awesome to catch them on film.. err, CF card like that. LoL

375526222_tK9mp-M.jpg

375526379_SAoUk-M.jpg

Only had the lens for about 2 weeks now but I love it!

Raleigh.jpg

Lakewide.jpg

well im sold

looks like ill pick one up tomorrow

MAAN. I want a 50mm. Hopefully in a week I can get a deal and get one cheaper. I know a store that sells it the cheapest locally, but I can save $30 online.. so.

Anyways. maulrat, your pics are great.

Ah, the 50mm. Such great IQ for a such a small price. Unfortunately, all of my 50mm shots have been with my film body, and the prints haven't been developed yet. They'll be here soon though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back