5DIII - New or Refurb?

Canon 5DIII - New or Refurb for $700 Less?

• Bright, Shiny and New For Me, Dude!!

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Don't Be A Heel, Take the $700 Deal!!

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
Pretty much all of my equipment is refurbished. I've never had to send anything back that was refurbished, but I did have to send things back that I bought new.
My D800, 70-200mm 2.8, 50mm 1.8, 24mm 1.8, all refurbished.

Amber - you were probably lucky - most of the bait and switch shops simply won't ship something out and will cancel or put the order on "waiting for stock" forever if the buyer doesn't pay more for all the useless "accessories" (a good number are just normal things in the box). It's certainly how they make their money, its basically false advertising on the price followed by a hard sell to get you to pay a lot more - sometimes people end up paying more than they would have from other retailers.

Ya I probably did, just thought maybe someone else would get lucky too, for that price, I think it was worth jumping through hoops with these salesmen. However, I will probably not ever order from them again unless it is an extremely discounted big ticket item such as this. Over a lens, I would rather pay the extra $300 and get it in 2 days from Amazon.
I did learn one thing though, my husband should have gone into a different line of work, like a drill sergeant lmao. He is the one that "straightened" the sales guy out and had my cam shipped within the hour.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back