What's new

5DMark 2 now or wait for Mark 3 ?

snaplounge

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 22, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Mead, CO
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I currently have Canon 2Ti and love it, but for a while I've been looking at the perspective of buying a full frame. The prices are relatively low now ( sort of.. hmm ), but I know that Canon should be releasing upgrade to this fantastic cam.

What do you guys think, buy Mark 2 now, or wait until the end of this year to get a newer model ? Is there any solid info on when the next Mark is coming out ?

thanks for help!
 
There is a tonne of speculation but nothing real specific.
If/when the 5D III comes out it will likely come in a lot more expensive so it might be out of reach of your budget. It may also see the price of the 5D II drop; and the other potential (Depending on your views on this) is the used market being flooded with 5D II's as people upgrade.

You already have a working camera right? So I'd suggest holding out for a little while to see how it all plays out.
 
look at canon rumors for well, rumors. They claim it will be out this year, probably Q3 or 4.

Taking price out of the question, I would wait for a 5D MKIII with an improved AF, like the 7D has or better.
 
good point on waiting for people to sell-to-upgrade in Q3/4. I love the AF of 7D and its speed, so I will hold off for a while to see how this thing shapes. thanks folks.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom