65 + 100 = some fun

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got the opportunity to use a 65mm and a 100mm macro lens today. The guy didn't have a focus rail for the 65mm so we didn't do any focus stacking with images from it but we did with the 100mm.

Here are a couple of shots. I am thinking that a 100mm macro is now going to be on my list of lenses.

1) 100mm macro. Old Polaroid.
Dover-macro-60-Edit.jpg

2) 65mm macro at 5X, end of a rusted box spring.
Dover-macro-77.jpg

3) 65mm macro at 5x, end of a new cutting torch nozzle.
Dover-macro-81.jpg

4) 100mm macro, rusted box springs.
Dover-macro-107-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
A 100mm macro can also double as a decent portrait lens.

Cool stuff, especially like the nail head.

I used to have a couple of Polaroid 104 cameras back in high school. kind of a neat camera design, a large folder with a rangefinder. I had the second version of the 100mm Canon EF f/ 2.8 USM. The second version was internal Focus. The first version was not internal Focus and the barrel got really long when you were focused close. I paid $160 for it used back around 2006.

I used the 100 mm macro mostly with the Canon 20D, and it was a good match for that camera, but I also used it a bit on my Canon 5D full frame.

Last edited:
Just as an aside the Nikon Series E 36 mm to 72 millimeter F / 3.5 Zoom can be used mounted in reverse for some amazing High magnification close-ups. It is a fairly inexpensive lens, and all you need is a Nikon BR-2 reversing ring and an F to Canon EF adapter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back