What's new

'70 Mustang Boss 302

Takeda

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Messages
241
Reaction score
46
Location
Durham, NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1
DSC_00059-X3.jpg


2
DSC_00060-X3.jpg


3
DSC_00061-X3.jpg


4
DSC_00062-X3.jpg


5
DSC_00063-X3.jpg


6
DSC_00064-X3.jpg


7
DSC_00065-X3.jpg
 
WOW...nicely restored!

Nice car indeed! I heard once that Ford was going to start re-manufactoring the original Boss 302 Intake, anyone know if they ever took off? You could use the intake to create your own Boss 302, numbers want match etc but it could be fun if you had a 70's Stang that needed an engine.
 
WOW...nicely restored!

Nice car indeed! I heard once that Ford was going to start re-manufactoring the original Boss 302 Intake, anyone know if they ever took off? You could use the intake to create your own Boss 302, numbers want match etc but it could be fun if you had a 70's Stang that needed an engine.


Thanks! I think the Boss 302 also had a different cam, and heads, in addition to the intake.
 
WOW...nicely restored!

Nice car indeed! I heard once that Ford was going to start re-manufactoring the original Boss 302 Intake, anyone know if they ever took off? You could use the intake to create your own Boss 302, numbers want match etc but it could be fun if you had a 70's Stang that needed an engine.


Thanks! I think the Boss 302 also had a different cam, and heads, in addition to the intake.

The original 60-70's Boss 302 used a Windsor block with larger Cleveland heads. The catch was the two engines circulated water differently. I believe the Windsor passed water through the heads only while the Cleveland heads passed water through the intake. So Ford created an intake manifold specifically for that engine combination. One that would bolt up and circulate water correctly. It's the intake manifold that makes the whole thing work. In fact, I heard the re-manufactored variant would run $3,000...can you imagine what an original 70's Boss 302 intake would run?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom