8 scorpion images

LongDucDong

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some of my pets... please feel free to critique/comment. Thanks for looking!

(#1) Venom drip:
theeyesofakiller.jpg

(#2) Freckles:
T-1.jpg

(#3) Here kitty kitty kitty:
S-3.jpg

(#4) The rush:
rushin.jpg

(#5) What lies beneath:
flatrock1.jpg

(#6) The hand that feeds:
BWspiniferonmyhand.jpg

(#7) Baby back ribless:
awww1.jpg

(#8) Nightmare material:
A-2.jpg

Nice, I love scorpions, What species are they? How long have you have them? I've had emperors, but the last one died 2 months ago, he was 5 years old.

Nice, I love scorpions, What species are they? How long have you have them? I've had emperors, but the last one died 2 months ago, he was 5 years old.

Thanks! The species are as follows;

#1: Parabuthus liosoma, a potentially lethal desert species, not a good beginner scorpion. Ive since sold this one.

#2: Tityus falconensis, another volatile scorpion, needs high humidity to survive. Ive also gotten rid of this one.

#3: Scorpio maurus, a desert species that is not lethal, but the stings are still painful. These LOVE to pinch anything that comes near them, theyre the worst tempered scorpions on the planet IMO.

#4: This is a baby Heterometrus spinifer, another tropical species that gets larger than emperor scorpions. Their sting is not harmful, but they can pinch up a storm.

#5: Hadogenes troglodytes, these like it dry and hot, theyre from Africa. Commonly known as "flat rock scorpions", theyre incredibly flat in appearance, making it easy to squeeze into super tight rock crevices, as shown. By most accounts, adult males are the longest scorpions on earth, measuring up to 9" long. Their venom is the weakest in the scorpion kingdom. Completely harmless.

#6: Same as #4

#7: This is a Vaejovis carolinianus. THey inhabit the damp regions of Kentucky, the Carolinas, and parts of Tennessee. Their sting is painful, but non-lethal. She had 15 babies...

#8: Androctonus amoreuxi, a potentially lethal desert species. Not for beginners as well. Ive sold this one, the liability was too high keeping it around. :mrgreen:

awesome
i also had 2 emperor scorpions. Couldnt really get my hands on something else here in Holland. But they were wicked nonetheless :) But they both are dead now. But your thread makes me wanna get some again. I just love scorpions.

7 is just soo cute :) :)

Thanks! The species are as follows;

#1: Parabuthus liosoma, a potentially lethal desert species, not a good beginner scorpion. Ive since sold this one.

#2: Tityus falconensis, another volatile scorpion, needs high humidity to survive. Ive also gotten rid of this one.

#3: Scorpio maurus, a desert species that is not lethal, but the stings are still painful. These LOVE to pinch anything that comes near them, theyre the worst tempered scorpions on the planet IMO.

#4: This is a baby Heterometrus spinifer, another tropical species that gets larger than emperor scorpions. Their sting is not harmful, but they can pinch up a storm.

#5: Hadogenes troglodytes, these like it dry and hot, theyre from Africa. Commonly known as "flat rock scorpions", theyre incredibly flat in appearance, making it easy to squeeze into super tight rock crevices, as shown. By most accounts, adult males are the longest scorpions on earth, measuring up to 9" long. Their venom is the weakest in the scorpion kingdom. Completely harmless.

#6: Same as #4

#7: This is a Vaejovis carolinianus. THey inhabit the damp regions of Kentucky, the Carolinas, and parts of Tennessee. Their sting is painful, but non-lethal. She had 15 babies...

#8: Androctonus amoreuxi, a potentially lethal desert species. Not for beginners as well. Ive sold this one, the liability was too high keeping it around. :mrgreen:

Too bad you sold them, I have never sold any of my animals, but I understand about the liability of keeping dangerous animals, I was once offered a Lieurus quinquestriatus, it's a beautiful scorpion but just thinking about the what if it ever escaped. none of my scorpions ever escaped but three of my tarantulas did, a H. lividum, T. blondi, and N. Chromatus, I did find them, the N. chromatus, that same night, but the H. lividum took three weeks to find, and the T. blondi almost two months, none of my friends wanted to come to my house during those two months, the T. blondi was about 7.5 inches.

LOL @ El Shorty! LOLOLOL

Man, I think you had 3 of the worst tarantulas escape! LOLOLOL Seriously, that cracked me up. Im thinkin, oh man, your chromatus got out? Mine was nasty as nasty could be. Then the H. lividum is also a notorious grumpy spider, probably one of the worst! LOL The T. blondi is also another nasty spider, and at only 7.5", yours was still "small". id hate to take a bite from a 12" specimen! OUCH!

If you think that's funny, I think the way I found the N. chromatus is even funnier, I found it in my bed around three in the morning, I was sleeping and I felt something walking on my hand and when I opened my eyes it was right there on my hand, it scared the crap out of me, I didn't know that it was out of his cage, but the good thing is that my N. chromatus is not nasty at all, I hear people saying that is a really mean spider, but I haven't seen that in mine. My H. lividum is not really bad either, she's just jumpy, but the T. blondi would kick her hairs at me every time I opened her cage, the blondi died a couple of years ago, bad molt.

If you think that's funny, I think the way I found the N. chromatus is even funnier, I found it in my bed around three in the morning, I was sleeping and I felt something walking on my hand and when I opened my eyes it was right there on my hand, it scared the crap out of me, I didn't know that it was out of his cage, but the good thing is that my N. chromatus is not nasty at all, I hear people saying that is a really mean spider, but I haven't seen that in mine. My H. lividum is not really bad either, she's just jumpy, but the T. blondi would kick her hairs at me every time I opened her cage, the blondi died a couple of years ago, bad molt.

LOL, talk about a heart attack! LOL How big was your chromatus? Mine was about 4.5-5" when I got rid of her. Shed kick hairs all the time and put up a threat display whenever I got close to her. The only bad experience Ive had with my ts was when my versicolor (about 4" at the time) bolted out of its cage, ran up my arm and across my neck, then settled on my back. I had to call the wife in to help me out. She scooped it up and then it did the same thing to her. Needless to say she freaked out and was balling her eyes out. I felt bad, but theyre harmless, I think it just really scared her, even though she knew it wouldnt hurt her.

Totally creepy, but GREAT pictures! Thanks for sharing them with us. :)

Well, Im glad you looked at them despite their "creepiness". Thanks for the comments! :wink:

LOL, talk about a heart attack! LOL How big was your chromatus? Mine was about 4.5-5" when I got rid of her. Shed kick hairs all the time and put up a threat display whenever I got close to her. The only bad experience Ive had with my ts was when my versicolor (about 4" at the time) bolted out of its cage, ran up my arm and across my neck, then settled on my back. I had to call the wife in to help me out. She scooped it up and then it did the same thing to her. Needless to say she freaked out and was balling her eyes out. I felt bad, but theyre harmless, I think it just really scared her, even though she knew it wouldnt hurt her.

LOL
The same thing happened to me with one of my avics, but nobody wanted to help me get it off of me, so I had to take my shirt off very slowly. My chromatus is about 6", and it's a male, on his last molt he got his tibial hooks, now if I only had a mature female, and he's not aggressive at all, never had a threat display from him, but he kicks his hairs every time I open the cage and try to clean it, but they are not as bad as the hairs from the T. blondi. the one that has an amazing threat display is the P. murinus, all I have to do is walk by the cage and it it rears up and tries to bite, quite a display.

Most reactions

Back