A big step out of my comfort zone

acparsons

Photo Hunter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I usually do shots around the city, but decided to try landscape. All tips and C+C will be valued. This area is called LOHAS(Lifestyles of Health and Sustainability) and is an ongoing city project.

Dullae Park
DSC_0882 by Machiavelliar, on Flickr

Lone Tree
DSC_0772 by Machiavelliar, on Flickr

Silver Wetlands
DSC_0759 by Machiavelliar, on Flickr

DSC_0728 by Machiavelliar, on Flickr

DSC_0703 by Machiavelliar, on Flickr

DSC_0681 by Machiavelliar, on Flickr

Windmill
DSC_0573 by Machiavelliar, on Flickr

DSC_0527 by Machiavelliar, on Flickr

The first one the mountains look too dark to me. Did you try to lift the shadows just a bit? The sky and lake look good. I really like the 2nd and 4th shots. Would love to see 5 and 6 in color as I don't feel the b&w adds anything there (5 seems a little tilted also).

Thanks for the comments. In the first one, I don't think I tried to lift the shadows. I wanted the focus to be on the sky and water. It was a strange day, usually around -5 in January, but that day was +13. The clouds were in rare form, as was the light.

great first shots.

I really love windmills and yours is nice, though the background building, power lines and power pole/transformers detracts a bit. But what 'cha 'gonna do right ? other than Photoshop the stuff out.

Good stuff.
Out of your comfort zone? It's a lot easier doing landscapes....except for the poisonous snakes instead of speeding buses. ;)

Most reactions

Back