A couple of bucks for the holidays

Scott Whaley

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My wife and I went to Cades Cove in the Great Smokey Mountains National Park a few weeks ago. She wanted to get used to using her new Sigma 150 - 600 Sports Lens before she leaves to go to South Africa after Christmas. We both took photos tat day. Here are a few I took of two young bucks learning to fight. Hope you enjoy them.
Scott's Bucks - Cropped.JPG

Scott's Bucks - Cropped - 2.JPG

Scott's Bucks - Cropped - 3.JPG

Scott's Bucks - Cropped - 4.JPG

Do you photograph from a hide, and if not how do you get close enough without them smelling or seeing you. Even with the 600mm thats still pretty close to a deer.

Hand held 600 mm on the side of the road. The deer in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park are used to humans.

Hand held 600 mm on the side of the road. The deer in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park are used to humans.

The bear, deer, and elk have no real fear of humans anywhere in the park. In some cases they can be real pests. Remember the "Great Candy Caper" in downtown Gatlinburg, when the bear broke the glass door at Mahalia's Candy?

Nice shots. I'm so envious, would love to have a fast long lens, but I keep finding other needs that come before it.

Nice set! #2 for me only because of the one's horn (antler) pressing into the neck of the other and causing an "Ohhhh, $#@*" moment. She's going to love that lens after the South Africa trip and we must see those pics as well.

I have the Sports lens, also. You are right. She will love it. She went to East Africa last January and she used her Canon 200 - 400 lens. I posted a lot of her pics. when she got home.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back