A couple of out-of-range winter guests, Snow Goose and Vermilion Flycatcher

wfooshee

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There is a man-made pond by the Sports Park in Lynn Haven, Florida, which has a walkway all the way around it, and even a boardwalk through the swampy woods behind it. You can count on finding a variety of ducks and gulls, like Pekin and Muscovy ducks, Coots, Scaups, Mallards, and the usual forest birds from the surrounding trees. There are some raptors nearby as well, Hawks, Ospreys, and even Bald Eagles.

News has spread through the local photog community of these special visitors and I finally got my chance today to go out there and see for myself, a Snow Goose, and a Vermilion Flycatcher. Both are single individuals, both are well outside the expected range of their travels, and both have been there for several weeks now.

The Snow Goose is common this time of year through Louisiana and even Mississippi, and the Flycatcher shouldn't be any closer than the very southern coast of Texas and on into Mexico.

DSC_3625.jpg

DSC_3458sm.jpg

Wow, that Flycatcher really IS quite a find; and what a great look you got at it!

We actually get Snow Geese even as far north as TN from time to time. It does always get us pretty excited though!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back