A Day in the Life of a True Blue Aussie (56k no no)

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
:lol: well maybe not every day. But I love bush walking.
We went to Townsville (4hr drive south of Cairns) for the weekend. Now you must understand there's huuuge (friendly) rivalry between t'ville and cairns. Cairns survives on the rainforest, reef and tourists, Townsville survives on the army base and a pretty big business center. So of course each town thinks the other is crap.
So it's a BIG thing for me to say that I looooved my trip to townsville... and I looooved the bush there. It was sooo brown and dry and different to what I get further north... so it gave me so many more colours to play with.

So here's our day.
First of all we had a BBQ to energize ourselves for the walk. we left the men to cook the food, while us ladies enjoyed the scenery and the drinks.
3965-BBQ.jpg

Then we drove to the bush walking track... and I reckon we ended up with the best parking spot in the world. Check out that view. (although the cairns view is better... ;-) )
3965-Best-Parking-spot.jpg

Then we went on the walk through the bush. Looooots of mozzies coz there are the wetlands just to the left of this photo.
3965-Bushwalking-PICT5947.jpg

Then I found a funny looky scraggly tree.
3965-Tree.jpg

Then we stopped to look at the puuurty ocean.
3965-Lookout.jpg

And then we finally got to the top of the hill (Mount Marlow) and then we appreciated townsville the only way possible - from a long way away. hehehe.. nah townsville is actually just to the left of this picture at the bottom of the far mountains.
3965-The-summit.jpg

Then we walked back down and got eaten alive by mozzies. Then dad had to test out the electronic skid protection and brakes and handling on his car on the dirt road. hehe that was fun.

Heehee Meysha, You made me laugh. The photos are great ! Love the way you put it all together..

Thx for sharing it.

The weather was awesome! It actually got cold at night time. But the skies were just great. Crystal clear blue with an occaisional puffy white cloud. Booodaful.

But Cairns is better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back