A few days in the Cotswolds. UK

thereyougo!

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary last week and we spent a few days in the very pretty little village of Painswick. It is a very quiet place indeed - it felt like a Sunday on both Thursday and Friday!

This is Painswick's pretty church - quite contrasty so decided to convert to black and white in Silver efex pro 2

Canon 5D mk III EF 16 - 35mm L II at f/16 and 16mm 1/30 ISO 200

Painswick-church-and-its-yew-Trees by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Another one late that evening - I remarked to my wife after we had eaten our main course (we were sat down outside for dinner) that the way the sun was hitting the church was beautiful - at this point she sighed and said :"Go on then, get your camera - but don't be long" I asked her if she was sure, and then grabbed my camera from our room and then quickly took a few shots. I hsten to add that this wasn't on our anniversary night - even I wouldn't have dared even raise the subject on the anniversary dinner - even though there was a perfect crescent of the moon right by the steeple of the church as we walked around the church the previous evening after our anniversary dinner.

Canon 5D mk III EF 16 - 35L II at f/13 and 20mm 1/25 ISO 400

Painswick-church-at-sunset by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Earlier in the day we had walked around the slightly underwhelming Rococo Gardens which while not cheap to enter (£7.15 each) weren't very dramatic. We just used the time to chill on the grass in and out of the shade.

This is looking down the avenues of food gardens towards a sculpture wall

Canon 5D mk III EF 24 - 70L @ f/16 and 24mm 1/100 ISO 160

rococo-garden by singingsnapper, on Flickr

And a shot of the sculpture at the end

Canon 5D mk III EF 24 - 70L at f/16 and 24mm 1/125 ISO 160

rococo-2 by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Oh, how I miss the Cotswolds! I loved that area when I went to the UK. We were in Moreton in Marsh, and Bourton on the water when we went (as well as various other locales on the UK countryside).

Thanks for posting these. Really brings me back. Hope you and the wifey had a great vacation for your 9th anniversary!

Very nice set, beautiful cemetery. The monochrome one is stunning. Great work! I'd like to see the others in bw as well :)

A really nice set. The B&W conversion really works well in relating that cemetary mood. Is picture #3 tilted, or is just me?

A really nice set. The B&W conversion really works well in relating that cemetary mood. Is picture #3 tilted, or is just me?
The B&W is my favourite too. I don't believe no 3 is tilted, I was using the mk III's inbuilt level and I remember it being completely centred on the horizontal level. The land was very slight running up hill from right to left, so this may affect the perception of the level. I took the shot because of the converging lanes (or the opposite which ever way you look at it!)

Last edited:
Oh, how I miss the Cotswolds! I loved that area when I went to the UK. We were in Moreton in Marsh, and Bourton on the water when we went (as well as various other locales on the UK countryside).

Thanks for posting these. Really brings me back. Hope you and the wifey had a great vacation for your 9th anniversary!
Thanks - we had a great time. We stayed in a sweet guest house not far from the church and our room for the first night had it's own little swimming pool which was for the sole use of the residents of that room. Weather was pretty warm and sunny so this was a welcome sight!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back