alix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
oh and a few marbles
click thumbs for larger view
comments or criticism welcome

1. The yellow orchid itself is good. The background competes with it--too much detail there. Also, if you could close in on one flower and throw the others out of focus it would have a stronger impact---between all the red and yellow it is too much on the eyes. (Yellow orchids are my favorites!)

2. I wish you hadn't cropped the top of the spines off the cactus. Nothing more than a personal preference. (and I have the same cactus...do you have a kitchen window full of violets, too? :lol:)

3. Perfect, as is.

4. I don't like the white marble in front. It is blah compared to the others. Careful--you can see your reflection in the dark one on the right. I have a ball bearing collection that I tried shooting in a similiar way once. I had a hard time keeping my reflection of it.

All in all, good work!

1. The yellow orchid itself is good. The background competes with it--too much detail there. Also, if you could close in on one flower and throw the others out of focus it would have a stronger impact---between all the red and yellow it is too much on the eyes. (Yellow orchids are my favorites!)

2. I wish you hadn't cropped the top of the spines off the cactus. Nothing more than a personal preference. (and I have the same cactus...do you have a kitchen window full of violets, too? :lol:)

3. Perfect, as is.

4. I don't like the white marble in front. It is blah compared to the others. Careful--you can see your reflection in the dark one on the right. I have a ball bearing collection that I tried shooting in a similiar way once. I had a hard time keeping my reflection of it.

All in all, good work!

awh thankyou !
i definately have to agree about the marble, il prolly try taking it again hwen i have the time
and i agree about the first one, but my mum wanted me to have that as the background as she thought it was "dramatic" i just think its busy hahaha

I like 1 and 3. I agree with misskitty on #2 and #4. The white marble in front looks like the flash caught it and reflected the light, thus washing it out. Maybe putting the white one towards the bottom/back and let the colorful ones have the stage. Great pictures!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back