A few from Cali Colombia Aug 2017

davholla

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
More great shots. If your centipede was taken down in Cali it may be a different species but if it is the same that I get higher up it is probably a female because it's brown. The male I get is black with red legs. Nice butterfly. I haven't seen one in person but according to my guide it's a Melanis iarbas.

More great shots. If your centipede was taken down in Cali it may be a different species but if it is the same that I get higher up it is probably a female because it's brown. The male I get is black with red legs. Nice butterfly. I haven't seen one in person but according to my guide it's a Melanis iarbas.
Thanks for that someone identified it as electron so now I am confused.
Do you know anyone who has been bitten by those centipedes? I know and you need immediate treatment.

Looking online I find it described as Melanis electron pronostriga so I don't know. No I don't know anyone who has been bitten by that centipede. My cat usually kills them when they come in the house.

Looking online I find it described as Melanis electron pronostriga so I don't know. No I don't know anyone who has been bitten by that centipede. My cat usually kills them when they come in the house.
My wife's family aren't great fan of cats, one of her relatives was bitten, didn't get treated quickly and had (IIRC) paralysis on one side for a few months - not nice. My mother in law however got treated straight away and was fine.

I like the spider the best. Is the centipede dangerous or just really creepy. :)
I think so a relative of mother in law was bitten, didn't get treated straight away and was quite ill - lost movement in one arm for some time.

I like the spider the best. Is the centipede dangerous or just really creepy. :)
I think so a relative of mother in law was bitten, didn't get treated straight away and was quite ill - lost movement in one arm for some time.

Yikes! I think I would have squashed it - or at a minimum taken it outside.

Yikes! I think I would have squashed it - or at a minimum taken it outside.
I took it outside and released it (sadly it was too quick to photograph outside) they cannot survive in houses, too dry. In their sewers they keep the number of cockroaches down - better this than many many cockroaches coming in.

Most reactions

Back