A few from Cloud forest near Cali Colombia

davholla

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My favorite is the bee ! How did you get it such a great shot ? I have a 60mm and my shots are blurry. I will post my pic and would like love to hear your suggestions.

My favorite is the bee ! How did you get it such a great shot ? I have a 60mm and my shots are blurry. I will post my pic and would like love to hear your suggestions.
Feel free to post your shot but it must have the aperture and shutter speed.
I would guess that your problem is due to one or more of
1) having an aperture of less than 11 I normally have at least 18 but 13 is fine (I think 2.8 which you used is not going to work).

Centipede IMG_5976 by davholla2002, on Flickr

2) Have a shutter speed of less than 60 (depending on the person some people need higher than that, if you use a flash you can use less).

I find that the macro setting on Canon cameras does not work very well and stopped using it years ago (best thing I ever did).

Saying that you also need to take lots of photos to get a good one. If you look at my stream there are 3 missing pictures between one bee shot and the next, that is because there were 3 rubbish ones. I hope to get 10-20% good but for difficult subjects it can be a lot less.
Bee IMG_7634 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Nice assortment there. Is that a fungus on the hopper?

Nice assortment there. Is that a fungus on the hopper?
Yes there is on the second one, fungus on insects seems a lot more common in Colombia than in the UK.

Feel free to post your shot but it must have the aperture and shutter speed.
I would guess that your problem is due to one or more of
1) having an aperture of less than 11 I normally have at least 18 but 13 is fine (I think 2.8 which you used is not going to work).

Centipede IMG_5976 by davholla2002, on Flickr

2) Have a shutter speed of less than 60 (depending on the person some people need higher than that, if you use a flash you can use less).

I find that the macro setting on Canon cameras does not work very well and stopped using it years ago (best thing I ever did).

Saying that you also need to take lots of photos to get a good one. If you look at my stream there are 3 missing pictures between one bee shot and the next, that is because there were 3 rubbish ones. I hope to get 10-20% good but for difficult subjects it can be a lot less.
Bee IMG_7634 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Thanks so much for sharing your information and giving me suggestions. Appreciate it and will try it on my next photos . I think I shall re take that Santa photo

Most reactions

New Topics

Back