A few from the club on friday....

DiskoJoe

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
80 views and no replies? really?

The first one is the best imo. It has an excellent sense of place even through its really empty,maybe wait till more people are there and I would have waited for the chunky guy in the right to leave he's a lil distracting. Second one is awesome and then they get pretty repetitive and sort of unspecial. You've got motion blur and focus issues on the second to last two portraits. Last portrait is pretty good but I would definitely get rid of the girl behind him, shes way distracting, then I would remove the fire extinguisher arrow. Last one is cool but I would have gotten tighter. They're all noisy too which sux but I know how that is, hard to avoid it without flash... just how we deal with it. Maybe do a little noise reduction in P.S.

Hope that helps brotha mang!

definitely wished more people had been there. but they called me to come take pics on that night. so......

was so dark there. had to shoot most shots at 1600 iso wide open on my f1.7. hard to keep the blur down in those condition. i quickly started to reasearch some flash techniques after this night to see if I could get sharper results without losing the appeal that no flash gives. i would hate to lose the nice bokeh. never really thought these were super awesome pics but okay for handheld at night.

I recently learned the problems with attempting to handhold in low light at high ISOs. Its tough.

And a lot of stuff just doesn't come out very good.

But I think these are pretty good for what you were working with.

This is definitely a situation where i could have used a f1.4 lens and a pro quality motor that can handle iso of 3200 - 6400 with out an abundance of noise. About the most I can shoot at is iso 1600. My camera goes to 3200 but the results are not usable at all.

The first one I really like, the blur throws it off though which is part of the game... I don't think a flash would have helped much with that one either, I could be wrong though...

Reminds me a little of Rukes' shooting style. Good job.

The first one is awesome is that big guy holding a tripod or is that a walking cain for the blind? Just looks like it like hes bout to beat someone.
The rest all seem to be the same just people milling bout not anything special.

its a tripod. he would have definitely laid the beat down on someone if needed.

Curious how you shot these in such low lighting + handheld. Just high iso?

1 and 8 were shot with a sigma 10-20 f3.5. #1 was tripod mounted, 8 was handheld. You can peep exif data on my flickr. The rest were shot with my minolta 50mm f1.7. Most were wide open at f1.7. You just have to wait for good light or make people stand next to a decent lighting source. It also helps if you encourage them to stand still for just a second. I did have to jack up the ISO some, around 1600.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back