A few from the moth trap

davholla

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some well lit shot there. Some of the focus is slightly out but that's part of the challenge with Macro. Still decent efforts tho.

Yes some of the smaller ones were not that good, and the last one as well.

I was more thinking 2, where the eye is slightly blurry and 3 which which looks oof or suffering from motion blur/camera shake. The last one look not too bad to be honest.

What are the different backgrounds they are on and would it be possible to place them on something more natural looking, I think it would make a nice difference?

I was more thinking 2, where the eye is slightly blurry and 3 which which looks oof or suffering from motion blur/camera shake. The last one look not too bad to be honest.

What are the different backgrounds they are on and would it be possible to place them on something more natural looking, I think it would make a nice difference?

You are right about 2 - I thought that was great but now I see you are right.
You are also right about 3.

I would love to have better backgrounds.
The backgrounds are either egg box - which they settled on.
On in the case of the ichumenon fly a plastic container.
I could carefully put them in something more attractive but what? I don't have anything to hand.
Also if wood then the posing fee (honey) could damage it

Maybe a box like this
Selection of Small & Large Wooden Storage Boxes /Memory Keepsake Box with Lid | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

I could carefully put them in something more attractive but what? I don't have anything to hand.

Maybe a box like this
Selection of Small & Large Wooden Storage Boxes /Memory Keepsake Box with Lid | eBay

Oh I wasn't thinking of anything complicated, maybe an old bit of bark or foliage, something like that, something less man made looking. Just a thought, that's all.

Maybe a box like this

Oh I wasn't thinking of anything complicated, maybe an old bit of bark or foliage, something like that, something less man made looking. Just a thought, that's all.

That is an idea - and with these it would work.
I did once try that with a centipede to make photos like this better
CentipedeIMG_8941 by davholla2002, on Flickr

It hid under the bark!

Maybe a box like this

That is an idea - and with these it would work.
I did once try that with a centipede to make photos like this better
CentipedeIMG_8941 by davholla2002, on Flickr

It hid under the bark!

:D:DAye, they tend to like places like that.;)

Most reactions

Back