A few model shots - C&C

TimmyJP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
MORE PHOTOGRAPHS IN POST #9

This was my first time shooting someone other than myself with an actual purpose, rather than just snapshots.

The aim was to get some nice sort of alternative fashion shots which could be used by a friend for her website and also for the model to have in her portfolio if she wanted.

All C&C is very welcome!

LuBluecopy.jpg

LuRedcopy.jpg

Thanks in advance!!

Timmy

Last edited:
As I have stated in previous threads involving gorgeous woman.... Is this your girlfriend because it might change how we comment on your shots... ;)

I feel inspiration LOL!

I would also get a good shoot if my subject is that beautiful.
thanks for sharing it. Interesting.

Pretty girl and nice first effort.

#1 does not really work for me with the desaturated skin tones and the suer saturated blouse. I can see what you are going for but the blouse is just too bright, it over powers the true subject which presumably is the model.

#2. Is a really nice shot but sadly it appears to be out of focus. I also would maybe look to leave just a touch more lead space along the bottom, if this needed to be cropped to an 8x10, 9x12 or 11x14 the foot would be lost. Even if it were framed at it's native resolution the foot would be lost in the reveal of the frame

Nope she isn't my girlfriend, but I will pass on all your comments about her!

Thanks a lot for the feedback, keep it coming :)

I think that something has gone wrong in the compression or while uploading to photobucket with #2...as you say it does look out of focus there, the signature is also a little blurred and that shouldn't be!!!

I'll go check the original.

Also, I see what you mean about if I wanted to crop it for prints...I'll see if there's anything I can do with the original to sort that.

Thanks again, it's much appreciated :)

I think the first one is a pretty unflattering pose. Good attempt on the second one.

Anymore from that day? Surely you had more then 2 keepers?

I've got a few more, I'll post them up soon, just doing a bit of PP.

One of the things I really need to work on is directing positions and poses, not my strong point what with usually doing self-portraits!

Here are a few more from the shoot.

There are things that niggle me about all of these...definitely need more practice, but hey, I'm learning :)

Luinatreecopy.jpg

Luinthegrasscopy.jpg

Luinthelightcopy.jpg

Thanks again for any C&C! It's much appreciated.

timmy, in many it looks that she did not apply makeup.....for fashion shoot and portfolios, makeup plays a great part....try dress that does not overpower her beauty....5th with theatre or butterfly lighting is great, but strange enough, there are very many shadows of tree, distracting her charm of face and dress.

There was make-up, but not very much. After the shoot it was something we both regretted to be honest! Not much we can do about it now unfortunately.

Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated. As I said earlier, I'm still most definitely a learner!!

The first shot doesn't work for me. I've never liked images that have colour mixed with black & white and it's not the most flattering image in general. The second image is better and a very good effort for a first attempt.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back