Photos NOT OK to edit
08calnand015.jpg

08calnand021.jpg

08calnand025.jpg

08calnand013.jpg

08calnand014.jpg

08calnand012.jpg

Pot_Hole_Reflections.jpg

Nice, the last one is cool, it takes a split second for your mind to comprehend what the eye is seeing

haha they seemed to progressively get better as I scrolled down. Love the pinkish flower pic, depth of field and composition seem to work well. I like that the flower isn't the center of attention. The cave-like structure is framed nicely and the last picture is great. You should print that one and I think in B&W it will look even better! Great pics I enjoyed them

Thank you. I guess I should give that b&w a shot. I am not completely comfortable with black and white yet and kind of shy away from it but I can see where it would look good that way.

The cave is Montezuma's Castle in Arizona. It was occupied by native Indians for many years and it is now a state park. I think this is one of my favorite pictures from my trip to Arizona.

The last one is a pot hole; one of many created by glacier activity in the area that I visited. I had little time to be there but would have loved to have spent more time investigating and finding other interesting things to photograph. Maybe I'll go back this summer.

;) Don't feel compelled to do B&W, its still a great pic I really do like it. I just love B&W and shoot almost all of my nature pics color and then convert. When i saw that picture B&W was the first thing that came to my mind. The picture itself seems to primarily be a greyish tone with highlights and shadows, which I think may work really well in B&W. Just something to think about and maybe mess around with, you never know you just might fall for them!

Some amazing pictures! Love the shot of the Grand Canyon and the Pueblo(?) dwelling. I saw both a few years ago.

Hey!! That's Montezuma's Castle!!! I remember going there as a kid with my sister! My dad kept saying he was seeing an Indian peeking out of the window at us! Everytime we'd look the other way he'd say, "There he is again!!!!" LOL!!!

Cool - LOVE the vertical canyon pic too!

thank you everyone for the feed back.

Chairman, that is sooooo funny! It is a beautiful thing to see, isn't it?

I like the apple blossoms as the bokeh seems to repeat the shape of the buds. Really pleasing to look at.

Grand Canyon is stunning in and out of itself, I should say. I have never seen it with my own eyes, only know it from photos, but any time I see a photo I feel that's something on the "Must Do Before I Die"-list of mine!

And you did not feel a bit shakey in your knees when you set up for taking that vertical photo of the canyon??? The result was definitely worth going that close to the edge, though!

I like the last photo quite a bit. Very simple, reduced to only very few elements, yet fun to look at. One step closer, and the roof of that hole'd been in the reflection, too!

I like the apple blossoms as the bokeh seems to repeat the shape of the buds. Really pleasing to look at.

Grand Canyon is stunning in and out of itself, I should say. I have never seen it with my own eyes, only know it from photos, but any time I see a photo I feel that's something on the "Must Do Before I Die"-list of mine!

And you did not feel a bit shakey in your knees when you set up for taking that vertical photo of the canyon??? The result was definitely worth going that close to the edge, though!

I like the last photo quite a bit. Very simple, reduced to only very few elements, yet fun to look at. One step closer, and the roof of that hole'd been in the reflection, too!

Most reactions

Back