What's new

A few portraits

Joined
Aug 6, 2012
Messages
5,541
Reaction score
7,115
Location
near St Louis
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't had my camera out much this summer/fall for portraits. My niece was in town over the summer and wanted a session. A friend's daughter posed for me this week. I had a few family events, the usual birthday, sports and homecoming. A friend wanted group shots at her event at high noon outside the courthouse. I was able to find a slice of shade for that one. Other than those my cameras have been gathering dust.

1. My neice

Dani by Cheryl, on Flickr

2.
20250610_034smW.webp


3. Family friend

Tonya by Cheryl, on Flickr

4.
20251006_T_026smW.webp


5.
20251006_T_028cropsmW.webp


6.

Tonya by Cheryl, on Flickr
 
Don't let that dust settle!:encouragement:
 
Nice chunks of turq she's wearing. Can't let my wife see those, if she does she will make me take another trip to AZ. lol

Nice shots BTW.
 
Glad to see you back. Great set!
 
Nice work.
I feel that the first and last one might be a tad over-exposed. If you were to reduce the exposure on the first one and the last one I think it would add some nice depth/shape to them. In that first shot in particular I think her legs get lost against the similarly toned bridge, but bringing the exposure down slightly could help with that.
 
Nice chunks of turq she's wearing. Can't let my wife see those, if she does she will make me take another trip to AZ. lol

Nice shots BTW.
She wanted to showcase her jewelry. Her last session 2 years ago I didn't have any ideas. This time I saw the branches on one of my walks and thought of her.
 
Nice work.
I feel that the first and last one might be a tad over-exposed. If you were to reduce the exposure on the first one and the last one I think it would add some nice depth/shape to them. In that first shot in particular I think her legs get lost against the similarly toned bridge, but bringing the exposure down slightly could help with that.
Thanks for your feedback! I see now that she blends into the bridge. I did a re-edit on the last one. I knew this was "off", but couldn't think what was wrong. The yellow in the BG was throwing me off.

The re-edit
20251006_034_Edit_smW.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom