A Forgotten Summer Morning

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
-- see below for edited version

Looks like too much editing. I see way too much purple and green.
Mind posting the original picture?
Looks like a great picture nonetheless!

ant hill?

Verges on HDR...but not. Looks like maybe you went a touch too far with the tinting...?

Looks like too much editing. I see way too much purple and green.
Mind posting the original picture?
Looks like a great picture nonetheless!

Thanks for your comments.

^ +1

What's that big mound?

^ +1

Is that Morrow Bay?

Yes. From a trip last summer. Forgot all about this shot. Had some issues and never posted it. Resolved now. :) Started going to Morro Bay about 17 years ago. Used to be a fishing town- now it's a yuppie thing. Used to like getting up early and watching the fishing boats come in. Now it's watching some guy in shorts carry his poodle to Starbucks. I want to push 'em in the water.

ant hill?

Verges on HDR...but not. Looks like maybe you went a touch too far with the tinting...?

Rock.

760-4437-v2.jpg

Should look nice now. Thanks for looking.

I like the revised version. My cousin owns 1600 acres with a view of the rock! I really need to go back up there again.

Ahh, much better. Nice picture!:D:D

Ahh, much better. Nice picture!:D:D

thanks.

I like the revised version. My cousin owns 1600 acres with a view of the rock! I really need to go back up there again.

me too- thanks.

I used to go fishing off newport pier when I was a kid. Liked to fish all night and walk down early to watch the 'dory fleet' come in and get fish ready to sell at the end of the pier in the open air market.

Monterey was cool too. Visited there a few times when I was in the service. The canneries were mostly all closed by then, but I enjoyed reading Steinbeck and loved the feel of the place.

Morro Bay is special to me. Discovered it on the way to see my grand daughter right after she was born. Took the long way up highway 1. Been back a bunch but as I mentioned, I miss the working class feel to the bay.

Looking forward to San Diego in a month or so. Won't get out and wander like I used to, but this is probably the last trip out for summer vacation for my grand daughter. She likes to toast herself all brown on the beach. I'll walk up the pier with the grandson and ask if anything is biting or what it is (I know, but the grandson don't).

So she'll be off on her own life after this summer and I'll probably only go to Morro Bay as the result of some political bargaining to spend considerable 'me' time out in the desert. The closest I'll get to reliving my memories of pier fishing, the dorymen and the early morning hustle and bustle of the bays and docks is watching the "Deadliest Catch", on TV.

Oh well. Back to work. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back