A good deal if ever I saw one

andythebrave

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In the UK Pixmania now have the Olympus E-500 with the Zuiko 18-180 zoom for £367.46 which is actually less than the cost of the lens alone.

Here you go http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/328359/art/olympus/e-500-18-180mm-f-3-5-6-3.html

I've got my order in and it's on its way to the collection centre.

That's my 'what shall I buy?' dilemma over with and, I suspect, will solve a few headaches amongst camera-less folk across the country.

That's about the same as I paid including tax for my two lens kit with a 1GB CF. Nice find outside of the US (I bought mine a few months back, figured I'm leaving soon might as well take advantage of the prices :D). You'll love this camera, congrats!! I would highly recommend an extra battery, best price would be a bundled camera bag from Olympus, it takes the body, two lenses, charger, cables, cloths and filters no problem, it comes with an extra original olympus battery and a Hoya pro 1 digital clear protective filter. I found mine for a little under $100, keep an eye out for it. The battery and filter alone are worth more than that.

Yes, Ebuyer have the two lens kit at just over £350 but I really like the idea of one lens. For starters anyway.

Ever since I picked up an E500 in PC World (of all places) a couple of months ago I've been pricerunnering daily to keep on top of the deals.

I still can't get over the cost of this. Of course, this wouldn't qualify as anything special stateside but you've got to make the best of what you have.

I added a Sandisk CF card and Cokin UV filter at pixmania and I already have a Tamrac Digital Convertible bag which came free with a mag subscription so I'll be thinking about a spare battery for sure.

Now that I've plunged I guess that it'll only be a matter of time before I get the urge to acquire a 'proper' wide lens but next on the list is definitely a good tripod from Calumet as they always seem to have a range of end of line items in the window for silly prices.

From a grad student on a fixed income, believe me I'm still paying off mine, I know how expensive these things are. I'm obsessive about taking care of it since it cost so much.

Oh a big yes for the tripod. This thing's low light capabilities under ISO400 is awesome. The subtractive NR they have is just phenomenal, and the dynamic NF for the higher ISOs is less heavy handed than some other brands opting to keep more detail rather than getting the seran wrap look.

We want images now :D

Most reactions

Back