A grip for the D50? Really?

stsinner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone have any experience with this grip?

I was told that there isn't a grip for the D50, and if this is real, what becomes of the battery compartment door when the grip is in use? I've got a message in to the retailer with no response as of yet.

This would be excellent news if it works, but for some reason I can't find it for sale in dollars, meaning that it's only available in the UK for some reason... .

Thanks.

Third party grips are usually not a very good build and for that price I dont see the batteries being very good. The battery door should have a little trigger that you pull back and it releases the hinge in the battery door. Unless it wasn't built for a grip in which case Nikon might not have included the release on that unit.

I have a D50 grip from e-bay that is actually pretty decent.

The materials and construction are good and match the look of Nikon's plastic-unobtainium alloy quite well.

I had 2 batts already, so no need for getting one with batts for me anyway.

THE VSR is a little hokey but overall the camera balances easier and handles better with it.

Maybe it's just that I'm so used to a VG as well tho.

LWW

CHeckout youtube and search for phottix grip. I am thinking on getting one for my 40D. I have their batteries for my 40D and have seen no drop off in their power from the original battery. The reviews on youtube are fairly detailed and it looks like a winner for considerably less. It comes with 2 batteries also. I plan on getting it soon.

Most reactions

Back