A hello from the Middle East

Yvonne_Dubai

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie to the forum so thought I'd just introduce myself.

My name is Yvonne and I live and work in Dubai but I'm originally from the Netherlands. I'm a teacher at an international school but I also write children's fiction novels. I absolutely love photography but I'm not very good. I've almost got enough money saved up now to buy a very nice SLR camera and a lens (then I'll save up for new lenses one at a time).

I used to have a Canon 350D but it got stolen and at the time I couldn't replace it. Now, I'm doing lots of research to decide exactly which camera I want but that's a master study in itself. I'll be going to The Netherlands in July where I will buy 'the' camera and also do a photography course/workshop. Hoping to make new friends here and share my love for beautiful things.

I have a Sony DSC HX1 now which also takes really nice pictures. Maybe I can show you some of the pictures in took last summer in Canada :)

Looking forward to meeting you all

Yvonne

Welcome aboard Yvonne (how do you pronounce that?)

What part(s) of Canada id you visit last summer?

Hi Mike,

My name is pronounced ee-von :)

I went to Port McNeill on Vancouver Island (flew to Port Hardy and also visited Telegraph Cove) and then did a house sit in Vancouver for 3 weeks. Fell head over heels in love with Canada!! Will definitely be back some day.

I just had a look at your site. Gorgeous pictures!! Now I'm too embarrassed to show my pictures though.... might wait a bit till I get some more practice :)

Madam, am moses from Uganda and one thing i could advice U is nt to get intimidated by those professional photo shoots, you re in the infantry stage of it and you re just passionate with shots, i could recommend a Nikon D80 18-135lens, as its user friendly and in one monthly you will b on board, given the classes you about to attend, wishing you the best but next time you mind travel ling Please try Uganda the land gifted by nature You will not regrate. best luck Moses Uganda

Most reactions

New Topics

Back