A-hole of America

Kendall9991

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Picture a meth infested s**t hole town near a river full of pure redneck white trash. Welcome to King Lake, NE.

Have to go back and get some more pics of it. Its an interesting place to say the least. Next time I'll have to take a vehicle I can roll the driver window down so I can shoot from the safety of my car haha

1 of many beautiful houses here

The Local bar which is now closed

Repairs started about 4-5 years ago

Ever seen Breaking Bad?

Cat that wondered out of an abandoned house
DSCF7791 by Deerkiller_9991, on Flickr

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really need to go back and get some people pictures eventually

Love that movie haha. I see the resemblance out there.

Love the dueling banjo scene in that movie though!

I thought I lived in the *******! Maybe I am just in the taint.

From the title of the thread, I thought you were referring to Newark, NJ.

From the title of the thread, I thought you were referring to Newark, NJ.

My brother flew up to NJ a few years back to fly his GF back here. He had nothing good to say at all. He stayed in a hotel in Newark and said the water was rusty brown and smelled bad. The hotel was full of roaches and the people were all dicks. She seemed happy getting out of there as well.

Jeez even the cats are meth heads there

I'm happy to live in a relatively drug free country. Meth-heads are horrible to live around.

I don't know, some of those just look like my brother's place here in East TN. :lmao:
No, actually…I'm not kidding. :lol:

Rather than a sense of meth-infested, sh*th*le town, I get a sense of old country folk, maybe dirt poor, or maybe just living the way their family always have, in buildings that could be kicked off with a swift enough swat from a boot, but living off the land and all in all, pretty content with it.
Pure redneck--yeah, I can't deny it has THAT look about it. White trash? Maybe. I guess, for ME, white trash is WAY more about the person than it is their home and community.

Maybe it's just because of where I'm from; in my neck of the woods, this area would most likely be filled with farmers, old folks, dirt poor but honest, hard-working people. Redneck, absolutely--but around here, if you aren't at least a LITTLE redneck, you're a "suspicious sort." :lol:
Our meth-infested areas tend to be much more urban than what I'm seeing in these pictures.

I don't know, some of those just look like my brother's place here in East TN. :lmao:
No, actually…I'm not kidding. :lol:

Rather than a sense of meth-infested, sh*th*le town, I get a sense of old country folk, maybe dirt poor, or maybe just living the way their family always have, in buildings that could be kicked off with a swift enough swat from a boot, but living off the land and all in all, pretty content with it.
Pure redneck--yeah, I can't deny it has THAT look about it. White trash? Maybe. I guess, for ME, white trash is WAY more about the person than it is their home and community.

Maybe it's just because of where I'm from; in my neck of the woods, this area would most likely be filled with farmers, old folks, dirt poor but honest, hard-working people. Redneck, absolutely--but around here, if you aren't at least a LITTLE redneck, you're a "suspicious sort." :lol:
Our meth-infested areas tend to be much more urban than what I'm seeing in these pictures.
Are you trying to say in a nice way that the original post was an insensitive, racist rant by someone who obviously thinks himself superior to those in the houses in his snapshots?
If so, I agree. "white trash" is a term equivalent to the "N" word.

I'm just not seeing it. The camper maybe. I've seen worse in plenty of states.

Have to agree, I see the setting for what you describe but not what you describe. Just looks like rural America. (please don't say Merica wtf is with that?) Perhaps the addition of people wold make it.

Most reactions

Back