What's new

A Lincolnshire church

tb2

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 16, 2006
Messages
971
Reaction score
2
A particularly fine church from a county that has many excellent medieval examples. This building in the village of Bicker dates from the 1100s. The shot looks a bit HDR but it isn't.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoquoto.blogspot.com

Bicker-church.jpg
 
I like this shot.

Did you correct for any converging verticals? Because it almost looks like they converge at the bottom instead of the top.
 
Thanks Sean. I think what you're referring to is the angle of the chancel east wall (the left of the building). It leans. It's been there for several hundred years and has settled into that position. I used the 11-22 on this, and did a slight correction. Interestingly there's a church in the neighbouring village where the whole tower and spire lean alarmingly. But apparently it's safe enough!

Regards, Tony
 
Thats pretty cool! I was thinking about getting the 11-22 eventually... Is it worth my investment? Or maybe the faster version of the 14-54 f/2.8 :D
 
The 11-22 is definitely worth the money. However, many would be purchasers of that lens are waiting to see what the upcoming (this year) 12-60 is like before committing. Maybe that should be your plan?

Regards, Tony
 
Thanks Tangerini. Had it not been a churchyard I might have "pruned" the branch that hangs in front of the tower.

Regards, Tony
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom