A little bit of this, a little bit of that

Nice set, nice detail and clarity. I would have cropped #1 to 16:9. Wish all of the leaf was showing in #2. But of course this all a matter of preference.

35886072164_08ec042b1f_c-01.jpeg

Nice set, nice detail and clarity. I would have cropped #1 to 16:9. Wish all of the leaf was showing in #2. But of course this all a matter of preference.

View attachment 145493

Yes I think a tighter crop would be better but not sure about 16:9. Could definitely lose some of the bottom and a little from left and right. I think I would prefer having the rock still showing where the caterpillar angles out.

#2 is full frame so the tip of the leaf doesn't exist. I was concentrating more on the caterpillar and forgot about the leaf. Although I do have another shot with the full leaf in the frame but unfortunately I did not get great focus on the caterpillar.

View attachment 145493

Yes I think a tighter crop would be better but not sure about 16:9. Could definitely lose some of the bottom and a little from left and right. I think I would prefer having the rock still showing where the caterpillar angles out.

#2 is full frame so the tip of the leaf doesn't exist. I was concentrating more on the caterpillar and forgot about the leaf. Although I do have another shot with the full leaf in the frame but unfortunately I did not get great focus on the caterpillar.
It's real good bud, just random thoughts of my eye in the viewfinder. Remember, I am far from an expert. I just thought to share what I was seeing from your eyes.

View attachment 145493

It's real good bud, just random thoughts of my eye in the viewfinder. Remember, I am far from an expert. I just thought to share what I was seeing from your eyes.

Keep them coming. Its a good way for me to learn and better myself. My weakest point, among many, is composition. So any comments or critiques about the way I have cropped or framed a shot, especially why an image doesn't work at all are very welcome. Sometimes it comes down to personal taste but a lot of times its technical, I like to hear both. It's only been 8 months with a camera, I'm still a newbie, sooo much to learn.

Really nice Brent. I especially like 1 and 5.

Dave

Most reactions

New Topics

Back