a little help...red eye.

vbrandon91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
here are some pictures i took today just practicing with my d40.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2363/2659585923_79fb55571b_b.jpg
2659585923_79fb55571b.jpg

heres another ..im really just looking at why he has the red eye although i know some of yall will ask me why he is centered,underexposed ^,ears cutoff on top..

2660415898_3ba08f4d5d.jpg

thanks guys

i dont mind any tips or things i did wrong so put them out there i still have much to learn..

It's just because the pop up flash is so close to the lens that the light reflects off of the retina and causes the red eye. It's always worse for animal photography. For now just don't use the flash on the dog, but the long term solution would be to buy a flash like any of the SB line or a much less expensive Vivitar because they move the light up away from the lens and the problem is a lot less likely.

ok thanks i knew it was the flash but at the time it was getting dark and there were to many shadows on his face so i had no choice[that i know of]..

ok one thing on my list [sb flash]

thanks..

i found it weird how his green eye went blue instead of red..

Actually, isn't the red eye the strange one? I thought with animals, the redeye problem is actually a green/gray/blue'ish eye problem.

I think this is the first time I've seen a photo of an animal with redeye.

I wish I was paying attention to the radio. They discussed dogs two different eye reflection colours just a few days ago. There was a technical reason but I haven't the faintest what it is.

That doggy look awesome with multy colour eyes I tell you, why do you want to fix it man :lol:. Really it look good to me.

Most reactions

Back