" A LOOK AT THE PAST "

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Folks. This is a shot of an old mill foundation from very early 1900s..
its said to be a one time Baseball Bat Factory...

Nothing to convey here, but everything pretty much untouched around this place, including old equipment lying around...

Thought it made an interesting B+W Composition..

bwbrickyard.jpg

i think this is way busy, and that it would be better as just a shot of the building, or just of the axle and wheels.

it looks like a cool location though.

To be honest I thought the same thing. Sometimes less is more. I didn't comment because there is so much going on around here. The image has a lot of good things going for it. The contrast is good... the range is good... I think the composition is so clutterted there is nothing to focus on or maybe too much to focus on. Anyway just an opinion.

mysteryscribe...your probably right on this... just so used to putting foreground interest into a photo, that I may have gotten carried away here...

Thanks...

you know what though, i came back to this thread just now and don't feel as strongly about what i said before. i still think its busy and could be better with a more simple comp. but also you could maybe dodge and burn to get a better sense of a center of interest.

newr.... thinking busy is the key, and ur probably right,,, a bit overboard on the foreground interest here... just thinking the flat wall, might just be that, flat...
hey thanks for commenting...

Most reactions

Back