A Monument.

deeky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I spent the last 4 days driving a coach bus of high schoolers to St. Louis and back. The third day, we had about an hour at the Arch. When we got there, the sky was solid, flat clouds, but I could see change coming. Fortunately they took a little extra time. I stood where I wanted to take the shot, watched the group gather, and they were actually loading the bus when I got this shot. Very glad I waited. It's a little different perspective - removed most of the arch from The Arch, but I like it.

IMG_1136a1 by breckmiller, on Flickr

A few more good ones, just need to process. Couldn't wait on this one.

Nice! definitely a different perspective on the Arch.

Very synthetic and clean image. Love it. Sky looks like pyroclastic cloud !
The only thing I gonna ask about is the contrast, a bit more may add to stronger expression imo.

I really like you POV, very dramatic and the sky is wonderful, you may want to pick the contrast just a bit...but that is just me, i like contrast.

I did play with the contrast. But any more and it seemed to do funny things with the clouds. I adjusted the curve to set black and white, which helped, but much more there and I seemed to lose definition on the shady side pretty quickly, even working in RAW. I didn't want to lose the fact that both sides, aside from shade, are the exact same color of stainless steel.

I agree with timor and Mully about the contrast, but it still works very well as is. Being patient paid off in spades, that sky is gorgeous.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back