A Noob with a portrait question

tjones8611

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to spend some time improving portrait shots. Ive been to several bookstores, but all the books either show great portraits of others or discusses basic technigues such as DOF creativity.

Im hoping to find something more on positioning people withtin the shot. How to determine their best side, which angles work best, which positions are more camera friendly. Do such books exist?

Im hoping to find something more on positioning people withtin the shot. How to determine their best side, which angles work best, which positions are more camera friendly. Do such books exist?

None of this aspect of the task is specific to photographic portraits. I suggest that you also look in the painting and drawing section of the book store. Issues of composition and posing are the same regardless of how the image is recorded; brush, pencil, or camera lens.

I'll check that out, too. I want to learn how to do better portrait shots of my 3 crazy kids :)

Have a look at what other photogoraphers have done. Look at their pics with an eye to see what works and what doesn't.

Most reactions

Back