A not-so-new newbie

BasilFawlty

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Full disclosure - apparently I joined this forum back in 2013. However, for whatever reason, I must have forgotten about it, thus never really introduced myself or engaged in any meaningful way. Well, somehow I recently re-discovered TPF and so thought I should finally make an introduction.

I'm a retired Air Force officer (24 years) and also retired from a civilian job (20 years) where I was a senior analyst/engineer involved with test and evaluation of certain government command and control and communications stuff. Now I'm fully retired and enjoying photography more than ever. I'm married to the same gal for 44 years and have two grown sons.

Photography in just one of a few hobbies and pastimes I enjoy. Other interests include playing guitar and piano (not professionally, just for my own enjoyment) and also restoring British cars. I also happen to run (for almost 19 years) an online discussion forum unrelated to photography.

I will probably stick around as I like how the forum is run and the rules in place to keep things civil. I belong to another photography forum (I won't name it) where there are some really rude people who are allowed to flame and insult, etc, which makes it a less than desirable place to hang out. I'm not focused on any one area of photography and like to experiment and dabbled in various genres (which is probably why I'll never be great ant any of them). Probably the only type of photography I haven't (yet) dabbled in in macro-photography (but don't worry, Canon 100mm macro lens is on my bucket list). Anyway, that's my story and I'm glad tp be back aboard.

Hi-
I can relate to your experience of having joined many years before, but only recently starting to fully participate in TPF. For me, it was the demands of work that limited my time behind the viewfinder. Once I retired, however, (and remembered I had joined TPF), I re-discovered how pursuing photography helped me 'see' the world in new ways.

Greetings...

I actually joined in 2006 and then took an 8 year hiatus.

Welcomen!

Basil!! How's life in Fawlty Towers?!!

Welcome back.

Hello and welcome to _all_ of you old newbies!

Fawlty Towers/

I chuckled inside...

Thanks for waiting up for me all! :trink39:

RE: Fawlty Towers: "Don't mention the war! "

Don't get us started. Of course there is the timewasting, meaningless point accumulating Leaderboard...

Thanks for waiting up for me all! :trink39:

RE: Fawlty Towers: "Don't mention the war! "
Just noticed your in my neck of the woods..
East Mnts? or Tu-tucum--tukum--timecum.....Tucumcari ! Yeah Thats it!!!

Most reactions

Back