A photo i edited... C&C?

Sinister_kid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am the school's photographer for the yearbook and I recently went to a volleyball game of which many of the girls on the team are friends of mine. I snapped this picture, which I really like, and edited it a bit. Let me know what you think.

AmmeSPARTANS.jpg

The shot doesnt have much emotion or passion to it, which to me is what capturing sports is about. Would of much preferred a closer shot on her, or if you really wanted to keep this angle, something more with action in it.

The image seems a bit soft, not as sharp as it could be.
What edits did you do?

I had to put some luminance on it due to some noise, then i don't think i did anything else. I could go back and sharpen it, but the image is on the schools computer so that would have to wait.

I like it. I like the way "Spartans" dominates. The ball in front of the letters is a nice touch. The look of concentration on the girl's face adds drama.

The only problem I see is that the girl appears to lack a right forearm. I assume this was real and not staged, so there's nothing you can do about that, short of re-staging the shot. Then again I only noticed the distortion after analyzing the shot, probably more than the average viewer would.

There's a possibility of cropping the picture so that the girl's right hand does not show. If you do that I'd suggest making the girl's eyes and the ball the focal points. Use the rule of thirds. That means you'll also have to crop left and right. Give the girl some viewing room to the right. This means "Spartans" no longer dominates, but that's ok. Hopefully you have enough resolution to crop this much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back