A Piano and a Rose

I like the black and white best... the color is just a bit too much... or how about not quite fully black and white? like this:

PianoRose2.jpg

It simply appeals....nothing deep in why I like it. Simple contrasts combined to make one image. Same as a hot fudge sundae (hot and cold). I also never get tired of sex and that is something I have had the good fortune to have lots of (thanks to my willing wife).

I enjoy that edit except for the color of the rose. Maybe if it was more red and less pink.

It simply appeals....nothing deep in why I like it. Simple contrasts combined to make one image. Same as a hot fudge sundae (hot and cold). I also never get tired of sex and that is something I have had the good fortune to have lots of (thanks to my willing wife).

Hmmm...I don't know why you found it appropriate to bring your sex life into this, but I am deeply sorry that your sex life is simple and cliche.

I enjoy the color, however the angle of the piano is throwing me off. The problem is the edge of it takes you right to the end of the photo, some people enjoy this but in my experience it will take the viewer right off of the picture.

Also, I feel the flower is a bit too saturated. A very slight drop in saturation and increase of darkness to it would make it a middle point of saturation *meaning the piano keys are black and white, absolute dark and bright. Nothing in the "gray" range* Not really a fan of the selective color one myself, lately that has been getting more and more on my "do not do" list.

For the angle bring the camera down a bit as well, I feel like it is too high up.

Nice but I'd rather see the color version on a black piano.

I also think a red rose on a black piano would look nice. I just don't know where one is... But I will keep that in mind.

When I see a rose, I usually want to see color and it is the case here. I don't think the B&W works very well.

Unfortunately, I don't think it works very nicely in color either because of the color of the piano itself. I think it would work better with a black piano. Of course, that is just my taste.

Hmmm...I don't know why you found it appropriate to bring your sex life into this, but I am deeply sorry that your sex life is simple and cliche.

Funny:lol: . I must inform my wife that we need to spice things up. As you detected, my reference is to your expression that the red rose on the B/W piano is cliche. Just because we see it a lot doesn't mean we shouldn't like it or repeat the process. New and creative photography is great and I appreciate those that are always pushing the edge to find new ways of expressing themselves, but I hate to banish something appealing because it has been done before.

no bueno on the selective coloring either, but also would have been nice to see a long single stem of the rose follow the rest of the keys over to the right would have added nice dimension and also more movement utilizing the rest of the space on the right... we they just out of long stem roses? This one looks like it could have no stem at all from the pic, just a humble thought, everything aside its a clean pic...

Thank you for the input and comments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back