What's new

A picture I have on jpgmag.com for a theme.

Ramy

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 7, 2007
Messages
159
Reaction score
2
Location
Cape Coral
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It has a good amount of votes! I wanted to know what you guys think.

Back_to_future.jpg
 
Ive seen a shot like this before...it was by a proffesional photographer and it was a lot less blurry...great shot but try and anchor the tripod better next time for a less jumbled shot!

I like it!!
Well done
garrentee
 
I disagree. I think the blurriness works really well in this shot. It gives a real sense of breakneck speed. The detail is not completely lost, you can still make out the dials, rear-view mirror and steering wheel, so there is no question as to what you are looking at.
And I'm guessing handheld rather than tripod anyhow?
Wonderful shot IMO.
 
depending on the car and the quality of shock absorbers, using a tripod may not give you much better results. It's difficult to keep a camera steady in a car if the road is the least bit bumpy
 
if its on a tripod, i would think that the car should be clear but everything outside the car would be blurry because the camera would move the same as the car frame
 
Handheld might work better than tripod here, if the person in the rear seat can sort of outbalance some of the cars movement, and I believe this was done. Exposure was too long and action was too .. erm ... active for this to be clear in any part.

And yet, I do like this one.
What appeals to me most is the "hectic" motion of the steering wheel, that alone gives plausibility to all the other motion blur. And the colours help this one along a good deal, too.

Therefore I am not surprised to hear you got a good many votes on this one already ;)!
 
if its on a tripod, i would think that the car should be clear but everything outside the car would be blurry because the camera would move the same as the car frame

You're right, it would probably achieve that, however you'd lose focus on everything outside, so it would really come down to which is more important, and I think he chose the right one for this photo
 
Thank you for all the comments! I truly appreciate them.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom