A picture I took early evening yesterday...

altyfc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
rainbow2.jpg

Comments welcomed... thanks! :)

Heya. Wow. Now THAT is an impressive double rainbow. How much did you have to work on bringing out the colours in post processing then?
And you had a marvellous viewpoint from where to look down into the valley. Very nice! I love rainbows. They are the most beautiful weather phenomenon I can think of.

Thanks for the kind words... I played around with it a little (maybe too much?) and I darkened the sky... to be honest, on the original, you barely see the second rainbow at all.

Regarding the viewpoint... that was quite easy for me. I live in one of the cluster of houses that you see in the foregound so it was just a case of hopping over the garden fence and heading a few hundred metres up the hill. :)

I had another go playing around with it... I'm not sure if this is an improvement?

rainbow3.jpg

It's a nice shot for sure. Did you really walk 300m just to get the rainbow, or were you already out and about? Top marks for dedication.
I think you're right about possibly having overdone the post processing. Reduce the saturation a notch or two and it would look more natural. Another suggestion, crop out your own house. The image is a lot stronger without the distraction of these modern houses dominating the foreground.

Friging nice! Thats by far one of the best rainbow pictures I have seen in a while.

Walking 300 metres is dedication... really???

As for cropping out the buildings in the foreground, do you really think this looks better? I'm not so sure...

rainbow3c.jpg

Thanks for the encouraging words everyone...

It is only an opinion, but yes, I like it better w/out the houses.
Mike

Thanks... what do others feel? I'm interested to know whether this is the consensus of opinion on the picture...

I prefer it with the houses and the sloping field near the camera...creates layers which add depth to the image.

Notice that the horizon isn´t straight....check out the verticals on the houses...they lean to the right!

Very nice shot...congratulations :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back