A question for arm-chair Psychiatrists

Dream Interpretation and Meaning: A camera in a dream is frequently an omen of a desire that wants you to remember, an action that it needs to stop or a fact that should always keep in mind.

https://dreammeaning.org

Seems more likely a dream about failure (which is not a bad thing). The more preoccupied and subconsciously worried you are about not succeeding at something, the harder you will work at it in order to avoid failing. The true meaning of the dream could have very little to do with photography.

How come my camera never works in my dreams. Every time I have a dream that I need to take a picture the camera fails. Especially when I need to take a quick shot. :madass::adoration:

Seriously, I have a similar dream. I have this magical, long lens, and I am trying to shoot wildlife. However, I keep farting, really loud, and the smell is gamey and then the bears come and hunt me down. I spend the majority of the dream hiding, and alluding the drooling bears until one gets to me, I wake up. The funny thing is, he has a straw hat on and talks.

Most dream research indicates that dreams are just your mind putting away the bits and pieces of information that didn't get dealt with when awake.

No real meaning to them other than the brain trying to heal itself of unresolved memory fragmentation.

Sort of like a computer hard disk defragmenting and clearing it's write ahead cache when not being used.

Having the same dream over and over just means your brain found a dream that works better than making up a new one. So it repeats the successful one to clear out the cache.

Your dream is one of frustration which is common. My frustration dreams is that I am trying to clean while everyone around me is making big messes. I had a photography dream once that I was at a studio getting my portrait taken which seemed so odd to be at the other end of the camera. The photographer had me sit and told the person next to me to place their hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see who that was and it was my deceased mother. Very pleasant dream :)

How about this for another view
Maybe you are aware that some people believe that a photo steals or captures part of the soul.
Your inability to take the photo could be your mind not wanting to be captured or stuck in the dream
If you have not noticed by now I think outside the box

I have many times dreamed that I lost my LEICA M-3. After a few terrifying minutes I find it. The fact that I have owned it since 1968 might figure into this.

Every profession has its nightmares!
In radio, DJs constantly dream of the microphone not working or the speakers going dead. When I was a teacher, my dreams were of students rebelling in the classroom. I've talked to nurses who dream they can't find the vein when drawing blood. And when I did wedding photography, I'd dream that my films were all blank.

How come my camera never works in my dreams. Every time I have a dream that I need to take a picture the camera fails. Especially when I need to take a quick shot. :madass::adoration:

It means that your life is spiraling out of control. It is the equivalent of dreaming of driving your car off a cliff. :biggrin-93:

I actually know how I am going to die. Since I was a kid, I have repeatedly dreamed of getting hit by a bus while crossing a street. Where I live now, there is no public bus system, so I am not sure how this is going to work, but I believe it will come true.:cool-98:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back