A question for arm-chair Psychiatrists

MSnowy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How come my camera never works in my dreams. Every time I have a dream that I need to take a picture the camera fails. Especially when I need to take a quick shot. :madass::adoration:

It indicates your deepest fear that you’re going to miss that important prize winning shot.

Next time you dream this, focus and methodically work on getting it to function.

It indicates your deepest fear that you’re going to miss that important prize winning shot.

Next time you dream this, focus and methodically work on getting it to function.

I usually end up throwing it on the ground and give it a good kick.

I usually end up throwing it on the ground and give it a good kick.
I’d probably do the same!

See, and in the dream that I had just last night, my camera worked perfectly. So perfectly that I had my Best.Shot.EVAH!! on that roll. But for the life of me, I could not find my jug of fresh fixer! I looked everywhere in what appeared to be half mechanics garage and half biology lab. I would see the jug in the corner of my eye, but when I turned, it wasn't there. Or I could have SWORN I had seen it on a certain shelf, but when I went to look, it was again not there.

I blame communism.

This is weird, because when I dream about photography, I dream my skills are as good as yours:1247:

I've never had a camera in my dreams.

Lol. Just had my first photography related nightmare the other night. I was in the rain forest looking for the rarest bird on the planet. Found it and my battery died. Reached in my pocket for the spare....it was dead too. The bird sat there on a branch, 20 feet away, mocking me.

No idea what it means. But, sure don't want it to happen in real life.

This will sound weird, but, if you pee on your camera in the dream-it will work

You wouldn't want to photograph my dreams.

Over the years I've had an active dream/sleep pattern, no photography, but a lot vivid full color ones, with total recall the next morning. Every now an then I get on a mini series, that each night is a continuation of the story that lasts for several days. Surprisingly on those nights that I have active dreams I awake feeling more rested.

Freud theorised "that dreams are the result of two processes, firstly the formation of a desire or wish in the unconscious which manifests as a dream, secondly the censorship of that wish which results in a distortion." Possibly your desire to get a great shot is causing you unconscious anxiety, and the failure of the camera is the displaced censoring of that anxiety? He also believed "that the unconscious (id) expresses itself in dreams as a way of resolving repressed or unwanted emotions, experiences, and aggressive impulses including a lot sexual ineundo. :cool-48: Finally he is also quoted as saying “Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.” Not all dreams have to be a manifestation of the unconscious, some like my mini series, could just be imaginative play free from any unfulfilled desires.

I've read a little about dreams and what they mean and dreams are rarely about what you dream of but instead about something in your life that is bothering you consciously or subconsciously. For instance, if someone is having a reoccurring dream that someone or something is chasing them it could indicate that they're trying to avoid someone or something in real life. Is there something in your life that you've wanted to achieve but never could for some reason/'s? You dream of camera failure could be trying to tell you something about a short coming or some un attained desire for something in your real life. Then again, it could mean you want the best camera on the market. Who knows?

Put film in the camera. In your dream, you don't realize its a film camera...make sure its Portra 400

Most reactions

Back