A rainy day, strobe play

EIngerson

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just bored and playing around inside on a rainy day. AB1600, shoot through umbrella, 5Dmk III, nifty fifty, Charvell model 275 deluxe and an old guy. It's tough to be the musician and the photographer. Both guitar and camera were hand held. lol

Selfie by Ingerson Photo, on Flickr

Nice. Reminds me of the kind of color photos I used to see in some old 1960's Victor Hasselbland Inc. pamphlets, detailing how to use the Hasselblad camera. In keeping with that, I held my hand up to the screen and cropped off about three fingerts' width on the right hand side...almost all of the Hasselblad shots in those pamphlets espoused the square crop...when this picture is cropped more square, it looks even better than it does in the 3:2 aspect ratio. This shot has really GOOD focus placement, and very soft, somber lighting. The degree of out of focus on the neck and on the closest strings is excellent. Really good lenswork on this. (One of my highest compliments.)

Thanks Derrel. You should have seen how I was looking through the view finder. lol

Thanks Derrel. You should have seen how I was looking through the view finder. lol

Yeah, I was thinking, "HTF did he shoot that, diz-actly??? One-handed? "

Ah well, a man's gotta do what he's gotta do to get the shot!

Nice, I really like the whole thing. Composition, color, all of it fits very nicely and the all black background allows for the eyes to focus with zero distraction.

Love guitar pics! When done right....like this!

Nice photo and nice guitar. Add in mandolin's to the collection and it get even more expensive. (My wife tells me that if it isn't expensive, I don't want to do it.)

Nice photo and nice guitar. Add in mandolin's to the collection and it get even more expensive. (My wife tells me that if it isn't expensive, I don't want to do it.)

My wife says them same thing. lol.

Thanks everyone.

My wife says them same thing. lol.

Thanks everyone.

Yeah when I was married, anytime I mentioned a new hobby my wife would just shake her head and ask how much it was gonna cost...lol

Yeah, I was thinking, "HTF did he shoot that, diz-actly??? One-handed? "

Ah well, a man's gotta do what he's gotta do to get the shot!

its amazing what a guy can do with one hand...
its a great shot.
i suppose if i were forced at gunpoint to nitpick something on this photo....it would be that i might have liked a little more of the fingerboard visible. maybe just a little more tilt camera left with the instrument. or maybe rotated to the left? you know what i mean.

Most reactions

Back