A real live mermaid??

MLeeK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$IMG_6020 as Smart Object-1.jpg
I was at the lake picking beach glass with my cousin last night and playing around. Not sure how I feel about it.
The bit of the beach in the bottom corner bothers me. I have tried a few different crops on it and... I am just stuck with the centered composition working best for me.
Give me perspective and what you'd have done!

The color and horizon are beautiful. I kind of dig the silhouette.

Is this a cropped version? How about allowing more beach so it looks better balanced? Would that allow you to move the subject off to the side? The centered composition doesn't really bother me, but if anything I'd like to do something with the sliver of beach.

Nice! Gotta have the beach for context. Nice color!

Clone out the dot of light down low on the "tail"?

Agreed, you need some beach for context. Was there more in the uncropped image?

It is a very cool image as is.

The vignette on the right is darker than the left so it's throwing off the visual balance in my opinion. That's probably due to changing values and colors in the sky though. I like the creativity and the colors though. I think it would work if the right side wasn't so much darker than the left.

oooh I love this!

The vignette is just the way the sun was setting, however processing really brought it out. Might have to play with that.

Crop: this is the full image. I've played with crops and moving her from dead center, but I haven't hit on anything I really liked. I might have another image with more beach I could actually merge with it. I'll have to look.

thanks, everyone!

Most reactions

Back